Welcome to Tarrytown/Pemberton
Tarrytown and Pemberton are two prestigious Austin neighborhoods. Offering majestic oak trees and "old Austin" prestige, these two neighborhoods connect to form a charming-yet-modern community. Centrally-located, Tarrytown less just West of Mopac/Loop1 and Pemberton sits to the East. Residents have easy access to Austin's culture and music scene, notable restaurants, the University of Texas, and world-class medical centers.
Real estate in Tarrytown and Pemberton is highly sought-after. Here, houses boast a variety of architectural styles, including Tudor Revival, Colonial Revival, craftsman, and modern. Old trees, expansive green lawns, popular high-tech amenities, and shorter commute times sweeten the deal for homebuyers who want serenity, but not suburbia.
What to Love
- Highly-ranked schools
- Plenty of shops and eateries
- Affluent residential neighborhood
- Distinct luxury properties
- Ample green spaces
- Community-centered activities
- "Old Austin" prestige
People & Lifestyle
Residents of Tarrytown and Pemberton enjoy quiet streets and private estates. Landscaping is impeccably maintained oozing sophistication, and care.
Although these scenic neighborhoods offer a serene escape, the communities are just minutes away from downtown Austin. This central location allows residents a quick commute to work or entertainment in the city. The coveted neighborhoods of Tarrytown and Pemberton are home to doctors, lawyers, academics, young families, and entrepreneurs alike.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
Whether you're in the mood for music and a bite at an iconic Austin spot or an elegant dinner at a new or noteworthy restaurant, there's something for every palate here. Tarrytown and Pemberton are full of eateries, coffee shops, bakeries, and bars, some providing breathtaking views of Lake Austin. Boutiques in Tarrytown and Pemberton cater to a variety of style preferences. From classic to unique, vintage to ultra-modern, there's always something to explore in the area.
Things to Do in Tarrytown/Pemberton
Tailor-made for entertaining family and guests, Tarrytown and Pemberton offer a host of things to do and see:
- Lady Bird Lake. The beating heart of Ausitn, Lady Bird Lake provies an endless treatm of entertainment. Rent canoes, paddleboards, and kayaks for fun on the water. Happy dogs, walkers, and runners enjoy four seasons of fresh air onthe Anne and Roy Butler HIke-and-Bike Trail. Take your pick of a 3,4,5, or 10 mile loop. The trial offers some of the best city views and access to downtown inclucing the new Ausitn Central Library comples.
- Texas Rowing Center.Soak up the long days of summer on a canoe, paddleboard, or kayak on the calm, refreshing waters of Lady Bird Lake. At the northwestern edge of the Hike-and-Bike Trail, you’ll find the Texas Rowing Center, where you can rent water toys and join rowing classes for all ages. They also host kids camps and fun family events throughout the summer.
- Westwood Country Club. Westwood’s mission is to create a comfortable and friendly environment the whole family can enjoy. You can relax at this private club by utilizing its swimming pools, fitness facilities, and tennis courts as well as enjoying several top-of-the-line dining options.
- Mayfield Park and Preserve. Mayfield Park and Preserve is a peaceful oasis of natural wonder. Free-roaming peacocks, water lilies, and palm trees fill this scenic escape overlooking Lake Austin. Perfect for a day of full relaxation, adventure, and exploration within the city limits.
- Tarry House. Tarry House is one of the area’s most exclusive country clubs. Stop by to enjoy an exquisite meal, a swim in the heated pool, and first-class service. This place is famous for its crab cakes and pecan ball dessert.
- The Contemporary Austin at Laguna Gloria. Explore the beautiful art and modern sculpture park at the Contemporary Austin at Laguna Gloria. This waterside museum is the perfect way to spend your day in Tarrytown. Be sure to check out the cafe and calendar of events, as there is always something on offer for art lovers.
- Hancock Golf Course. Spend a day on the greens at "Muny", Austin's first public golf course. This almost 100-year-old golf course boasts 18 holes, stellar scenery and a central location. This true Austin original also occupies a spot on the National Historic Register.
Tarrytown and Pemberton area schools are staffed with faculty that always strive to create the best learning experience for students. Public and private schools alike provide the ultimate schooling for kids in the area through individualized education techniques. A wide variety of co-curricular activities are available to Tarrytown and Pemberton students throughout the year.
- Casis Elementary School: Grades PK–5, Public
- O. Henry Middle School: Grades 6–8, Public (2018 Academic Distinction in Science)
- Austin High School: Grades 9–12, Public
- Kirby Hall School: Grades PK–12, Private
- The Girls School of Austin: Grades K-8, Private