Welcome to Westlake 8E
Westlake inside Loop 360, also known as Area 8E, is a welcoming Texas community. Just outside the state’s capital, Westlake offers a combined suburban and metropolitan feel. Here, residents enjoy private yards while situated just minutes from entertaining activities, high-end shops, upscale nightlife, and unique and delicious eateries.
Real estate in Westlake is highly sought-after. Historic and expensive properties attract affluent homebuyers to the area. In addition, Westlake is within close proximity to the Colorado River and Lake Austin. Therefore, some homes and businesses alike boast gorgeous waterfront views.
What to Love
- Centrally located
- Historic mansions
- Nationally recognized schools
- Unparallel real estate
- Access to nature
- Short commute times
People & Lifestyle
Westlake provides the perfect balance of residential bliss and exciting lifestyle, as inhabitants enjoy the benefits of calm neighborhood streets and a walkable downtown. Additionally, the nationally-acclaimed school district and fast access to the city make Westlake a perfect place for both families and professionals.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
In addition to the variety of shops, boutiques, and grocery stores that Westlake has to offer, the area is a very popular stop for foodies. Here, restaurants feature global fare, so you can conveniently savor tastes from around the world in your own community. For example, Sway
is the area’s best Thai food, Cava
offers a delicious Mediterranean experience, and Chinatown Westlake
has incredible Chinese cooking. If you’re in the mood for fresh and organic cuisine, stop by Blue Dahlia Bistro
, and for pizza, look no further than Marye’s Gourmet Pizza
. Plus, Westlake is just a quick ride away from Austin’s nightlife and entertainment scene.
Things to Do in Westlake
Whether you’re looking for a weekend getaway or a way to entertain guests, here are some of the top things to do and see in Westlake:
- Zilker Botanical Garden. Known as “the jewel in the heart of Austin,” the Zilker Botanical Garden contains 26 acres of gardens, waterfalls, and Koi ponds. This is a great place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature. Be sure to check out the Zilker Botanical Garden’s calendar of events, as the garden hosts a variety of functions, clubs, and educational workshops throughout the year.
- Westlake Marina. Located near Tom Miller Dam, Westlake Marina features 168 covered boat slips available for rent, making it easier than ever to live out your dream boating lifestyle. Westlake Marina is also the only Certified Clean Texas Marina on Lake Austin, so you can feel good about reducing your carbon footprint while enjoying the great outdoors.
- Lions Municipal Golf Course. This 18-hole golf course is one of the most popular in Austin and the surrounding communities. This course also belongs to the Texas Registry of Historic Golf Courses, so be sure to stop by for a fun round of golf, lessons, or a tournament.
- Las Palomas Restaurant and Bar. This authentic Mexican restaurant and bar is a Westlake Inside 360 favorite. Specialty dishes paired with craft margaritas have been a Las Palomas tradition for over 34 years.
- Barton Creek Square. Stop by Barton Creek Square for all your shopping needs. This shopping center is full of both kitschy boutiques and high-end designers. In addition to shopping, you can pop into the mall’s cinema for the latest and greatest films.
The neighborhood of Westlake helps to make up the independent school system of Eanes, which is ranked the #1 district in Texas. Here, the faculty caters to student needs, ensuring quality learning and optimal achievements. In addition to the academic experience offered here, the schools also provide a variety of extracurricular activities for students to enhance their educational experience outside of the classroom.
- Eanes Elementary: Grades K-5, Public
- Cedar Creek Elementary: Grades K-5, Public
- Bridge Point Elementary: Grades K-5, Public
- Hill Country Middle School: Grades 6-8, Public
- Westlake High School: Grades 9-12, Public
- Trinity Episcopal School: Grades K-8, Private
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal School: Grades K-12, Private
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal School: Grades K-12, Private